- Shade’s Children by Garth Nix
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- The His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman
- Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein
- Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L’Engle
- Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
Go read through the whole article for a summary of each book and the reason for its banning.
How many of these have you read? Did you read them in school or on your own?